b1driver

Well Known Member
I was planning on going with Navworx for my adsb-in/out but in light of recent events I started to search for alternatives. I ran into the L-3 Lynx page and saw that they are offering a "PRICE MATCH". Heres the Link:
http://www.l-3lynx.com/assets/ngt-2000_price_match.pdf

Anyone got any solutions that fit this bill? I tried the TRIG TN-70 but the rep says that its not valid because you require the TN-21 to go with it and that solution costs over 4k which makes the NGT-2000 cheaper... but my nugget says that you need a transponder with the NGT as well so theres that. Thanks for any help and I hope I brought this opportunity to light for those still in search.. seems to be exactly like what Navworx offered as far as setup.

v/r
Luis

The Trig TN-70 is only a GPS, not an ADS-B transmitter.
The NGT-2000 comes with an internal GPS.
Aspen ATX100G sells for $1850 at Avionics Source. Perhaps that will meet the Lynx price match offer.
The disadvantage of ADS-B units that receive only 978 Mhz is that they can not receive traffic directly from other aircraft transmitting ADS-B-Out on 1090 (the majority). This is a problem when out of range of a ground station.
If your aircraft is not equipped with a display for traffic and weather, you might consider a portable display and a DUAL band ADS-B receiver, i.e.:
pingBuddy, Homemade Stratux, GDL39, XGPS190, Stratus 2S, iLevil 3
These receivers vary in price from $150 to $1300.