DirkSteiner

I'm New Here
Can anybody help me with the following problem.

I have a KX125 and a KI214 indicator with a built-in glide slope receiver.
The VOR/LOC needle works fine. The GS needle doesn't work.

I suspect to have problem in the antenna path. There is single V dipole on the fin. It runs into a CI 1125 diplexer. VOR1 output goes into the KX125 VOR antenna port. The G/S1 output is connected to the KI 214. The other output are left unconnected.

I guess it could be eather the antenna or the diplexer. I'm not quite sure if the antenna is good for a glide slope signal.

I appreaciate any comments.

Thanks
Dirk

Itsn't this the...

...diplexer you should be using?

11-17980.jpg

A CI 507

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/avpages/coupler507.php

Leaving RF outputs unconnected is usually a bad practice, and could be screwing up those electrons...:)

The 214 could have a bad internal GS receiver. Might want to run it through a avionics shop bench test...

when I bought it came with a yellow tag and was still shrinkwraped. I don't believe it's the KI214 unit. But of course, you never know...

Does't anybody know if it would work to run the antenna directly into the KI214 and not in the KX125 just for a test? Would the KI214 require the KX125 to receive the LOC signal at the same time (just see if the vertical needle works)? Maybe because the GS Energize input would be "low"?