Steve

Well Known Member
With 102.5 hours on my 9A, the airspeed indicator really began reading low. I always had it in the back of my head since the first flight in May that "something ain't right". Anyhow, I called Vans. Spoke to parts dept then tech support then purchasing. Was told to contact UMA for repairs under warranty. Call us back if you don't get satisfaction from them.
I called UMA on 10/14 to give them a heads up. Sent it Priority Mail on 10/15. Received an email on 10/20 telling me a small internal tube got disconnected somehow. I received the repaired, cleaned and recalibrated unit on 10/23. I flew the plane last evening and all is well.
Funny thing, while the indicator read low while in cruise, it always agreed with the GPS on the slow (landings and stalls) side.

Thanks to Sharon and the crew at UMA for the quick turnaround,
Steve

PS
Didja know UMA also makes instruments for the medical profession?

UMA

I also had UMA airspeed indicator from Vans that was not indicating anything when I started taxing. Called Vans and they told me to send it to UMA direct. This was 2 years after purchased and they repair the indicator free. They said internal tube got disconnected also. Turn around about two weeks. Nice people to deal with.
Squeak

Good experience here too.

I bought an unused UMA altimeter from another builder. I have no idea how old it was. Anyway, it was a kts airspeed indicator with all of the V-speed arcs marked as if it was a mph airspeed indicator.

Even though I wasn't the original owner and the age of the unit was unknown, UMA fixed it for no charge.

I had a problem with a UMA VSI (out of warranty). They replaced it without question.