mchargmg

Well Known Member
Hey all,

I just wanted to document the great support I recently received from the Switchbox folks. Santa brought a new Switchbox around to the hangar a little early this year. It worked as advertised, until my flight on 1 January 2016. Send the command to the hangar the night before, nothing! Grumble grumble.

Go out, plug in the heater by hand, and take my flight on 2 January. Take the switchbox home, and fiddle with it there. I email them on Sunday, and get a response in about 30 minutes!

As you might expect, it was operator error :) Anyway, the folks at Switchbox are first rate. Great product that works very well, as long as you remember to fill up the SIM card.......

Geoff

Mirroring Geoff's comments

I finally got a chance to try out my new Switchbox this holiday season as well and can't be happier! I turn the heat on a few hours before I get to the airport (a 45 minute drive) and the engine is safely heated by the time I want to fly! Love it!

Darin

Also good experience...

The device and app are pretty simple, yet questions still can come up, which are quickly answered.
Watching the app set up video helped with a couple.

I did purchase a couple lighted Y plugs just to show what's powered up when I enter or leave the hangar. (The video shows lighted plugs, so I was disappointed to receive plain black plug ends)
11m7yxj.jpg

I have one and like it, but I wish there was a reset switch so you could just turn the heat off without having to text the box to do it. Maybe I've missed something...