rzbill

Well Known Member
As I have said elsewhere, I'm in the final phases of construction.
There are plenty of humourous anecdotes about shipping charges outpacing item costs in the last few months of assy. Mine have not and I think there is a specific cause.

There is a feature Spruce has on its website that (to me) is fantastic.

It is the "wish list" function that is available after creating an account.
For those that are not familiar, one can create a list (or multiple lists) at your liesure and then quickly pull the trigger at a later date by dumping the list into your "cart" and executing the purchase. I find this to be an excellent tool for building and keeping a list of items gradually. I have even created a list of maintenance related items that will surely be repeat orders.

The tip for other vendors is that I have recognised in my purchasing habits that this feature is preferentially drawing me in to purchase from Spruce if they have what I need even if it is available elsewhere possibly cheaper. This may be true of other people too. Don't know, but it might be worth consideration by vendors that similarly have a fairly wide selection of products.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips. Cleaveland does have a wish list on our site, however it is not sorted by lists. I will look into our service to implement that in the future. We are always trying to make things better and easier and really appreciate feedback how to direct our limited resources.

-

I second that

I agree with Bill and have used the wish list feature in just the same way. I also agree that the convenience seems to draw you in. I have also used the feature to collect items and then apply a 10% discount to the entire purchase.

Discount

Good question! My 10% discount was obtained from a one week builders course. The 10% discount was offered by Spruce for the course and was a very nice way to help offset the course tuition. I am not sure if Spruce routinely offers this sort of thing on various occasions but I am sure others can chime in :)