TS Flightlines

Well Known Member
Advertiser
A big shout out to Steve at Aircraft Speciality. I had the pleasure of spending Saturday with Steve at his shop in Wisconsin, playing with his CNC Mill. What an awesome machine!. Steve is really good at running it too. In addition to the flap handles and cover plates that some of you already own, he can make virtually any small part with his 3D CAD/CAM software, and send it to the mill for machining. Very fascinating to watch a lot of numbers on a screen become a real part!

Steve can create alot of those hard to find items that you may be spending alot of your valuable time making, by hand. He built and owns an RV10, so it familiar with some of the issues you 10 builders may be having. He has an awesome operation, and well worth your time to check it out.
Thanks again Steve for the awesome learning experience!
Tom

Tom,

Thank you. Likewise it was our pleasure to meet with you and get to spend the day talking about RVs. Tom and I both share the same attitude on customer service and I look forward to collaborating with him on some future projects and innovative products that we have in the works to make life easier for our fellow builders. There are a lot of neat long term things that will be coming down, so stay tuned!

Kahuna, imagine a CNC Mill or CNC router in your shop to make some of the things that you would really like! I saw this machine, and the gears started turning. Possibilities are not endless, but they sure are in reach now. ESPECIALITY with someone that knows 3D CAD and can make the machine read it too. Remember all those sketches of stuff for parts and pieces that you wanted to change on your planes? Well, I found that its alot easier that I ever thought it would be.
Aircraft Speciality has the tools, and the knowledge to do this stuff. And the best part is that Steve 'likes' to do custom creations. So, we are going to work together on some stuff in the future to help builders save time and headaches.
So---stay tuned!!

We want at least a sneak peak.

We always welcome ideas from other builders also...... If you have something that you think would be perfect for the RV group, be the first to tell us. If we produce it, the prototype is free for whoever came up with the idea and we start selling them to recoup our r and d costs. However we have lots of projects going on at a given time and we won't release a product until it has been tested and we are 100% confident in it.

Have a great day
Steve

P.S. working on a project for release sometime this winter if it tests the way we think it will. Ill update with pics as we get closer.

Yep

Yes, I do have a need Steve. Vic Syracuse has what I consider the neatest and simplest safety latch for RV-10 doors. Basically, it fits under the door handle and slides into a pocket as you close the door..no way can you lose a door with this latch.

I have a picture of the latch and will add it here when I find it.

Best,

Yes, I do have a need Steve. Vic Syracuse has what I consider the neatest and simplest safety latch for RV-10 doors. Basically, it fits under the door handle and slides into a pocket as you close the door..no way can you lose a door with this latch.

I have a picture of the latch and will add it here when I find it.

Best,

Pierre....

Send me an email at [email protected] with the details. We will also have to talk to Vic as I don't want to copy another builder without talking to him and seeing to it that he is compensated for his idea.

Have a great day! Will be off the board for the next two days.

Take care
Steve

Pierre....

Send me an email at [email protected] with the details. We will also have to talk to Vic as I don't want to copy another builder without talking to him and seeing to it that he is compensated for his idea.

Have a great day! Will be off the board for the next two days.

Take care
Steve

Very admirable attitude, Steve. I wish heaps of success for you all.

Very admirable attitude, Steve. I wish heaps of success for you all.

Thanks....... We have had the pleasure of dealing with a lot of great people over the last year and a half, and we genuinely appreciate allowing us to earn your business.....

We will always do the best we can to be an asset to the experimental aircraft community. This means coming up with innovative products, and also helping other builders who have great ideas, but perhaps not the CNC equipment to produce them. We don't just want to build products...we want to come up with solutions to issues that we all face as builders. We will only release products that are tested and are of the highest quality.

We keep our margins and overhead low to provide the best products and services at the best prices.

We will always work with others to help bring new products to market also. We got into this for a love of aircraft building, and that's how we are growing the business.

Finally, we believe in customer service.....we are not a 9 to 5 company as we realize that most builders try to get things done at all hours. For those of you who have received emails from us at midnight...it's because we are working hard to serve our customers and will do all we can to answer emails promptly.

Once again, thanks to all of you and keep watching our website as we have a lot of neat products in the conceptual phase coming down the pipeline in the long term.

Have a great day,
Steve

Last edited:
Here's a thing....

Last aeroplane panel was done by Experimental Air. Good job, sadly no longer available.

'A friend' promised to do the panel but not a lot happened.

Got in touch with these reprobates called Aircraft Specialty - Mmm, never heard of them.

Well - look hard, because they are good people.

Steve worked with me through 5 versions of a panel layout, including a conversion from Imperial to Metric :rolleyes:

My man here in Blighty did a superb job of cutting the panel and it is now in paint waiting for the instruments to be fitted.

From over here, to over there and back to over here - this is what this forum and the RV community is about.

Marvellous :D:D

Here's a thing....

Last aeroplane panel was done by Experimental Air. Good job, sadly no longer available.

'A friend' promised to do the panel but not a lot happened.

Got in touch with these reprobates called Aircraft Specialty - Mmm, never heard of them.

Well - look hard, because they are good people.

Steve worked with me through 5 versions of a panel layout, including a conversion from Imperial to Metric :rolleyes:

My man here in Blighty did a superb job of cutting the panel and it is now in paint waiting for the instruments to be fitted.

From over here, to over there and back to over here - this is what this forum and the RV community is about.

Marvellous :D:D

Mike....Thanks for the words.......it's why we got into this business. We love working on airplanes and helping others add those finishing touches to theirs.