The comments in ForeFlight don't make KSUN sound like a particularly welcoming airport. I'll be flying in and leaving the plane there for a few days. Wondering if anyone has any specific knowledge of the airport that might be helpful to avoid getting ripped off.
Thx
SK

Scott,
When are you going? I don't know anything about KSUN airport, but I will ask guys i know in the area. Im in Caldwell - KEUL. If I can find out anything, I will let you know. Have fun!

KSUN

I've flown into KSUN half dozen times, each with multiple night stays. Always parked at Atlantic. Ramp fee waived with fuel purchase.

My biggest concern is when their closest ramp starts to fill with jets, they will tow your aircraft to the more distant ramp so you're out of the way. But they will give you a ride to your plane.

Always call ahead and discuss fees/prices, and get a first name. No fee is written in stone, especially when you smile and are friendly.

Atlantic

I flew the -10 into KSUN about a year ago and kept her at Atlantic for a few days. They did tow her to the "back lot" but gave us a ride from the FBO to the lot (2 minute ride). Nice folks but they had some rookies working the desk. I forget the price but they did a pretty good job and I didn't feel like the "small guy".

Been flying into Hailey in an experimental for more than 30 years. If you are going to be leaving the plane there and not flying for a few days go ahead and tie down in the back ramp and not worry about them moving your bird. If you're going after Labor Day ignore the advice; it's a ghost town 'til the snow flies.

The people at Atlantic are nice.

KSUN

Was there yesterday in the jet. I would be reluctant to park a light plane on the main ramp just because of the chance of jet or prop blast from bigger equipment. There were numerous smaller aircraft tied down on the secondary ramp on north side of fbo. I would arange in advance to tie down there. In the hanger I admired the glass work on a beautiful all yellow Long EZ.

Don Broussard

RV 9 Rebuild in Progress
Working on all glass 1 piece slider skirt