Canadian_JOY

Well Known Member
Tossing this out to the group in hopes some of the EFIS manufacturers might have an answer up their sleeves, even if only 'provisional' or similar...

Bendix/King is soon to certify their KSN-770 GPS/NAV/COM radio. How will it play with our experimental EFIS systems?

Since I have a GRT HS EFIS I'm wondering if the GRT team has yet had a chance to see if their products can interoperate with the KSN-770.

How about any other EFIS vendors?

Does anybody have a clear picture of the interface standards which the KSN-770 will support?

Hmmm... guess nobody knows anything about the KSN770... Perhaps it's time to encourage representation here from the Bendix-King team...

The KSN-770 is interesting, but it's been on-and-off again since 2008 or so - doesn't seem like they are very serious out it. BK isn't exactly stellar in their support of previous generations (if the display on your KLN 89B or KLN 94 goes out, you're out of luck) either.

Neither of these would make me excited about spending $8-10K for their equipment.

While I agree with Brad's points, we've seen B/K go through the bad times of being passed from one corporation to another like a party favor. It looks like B/K is finally starting to realize they need to get back into the business and have collaborated with other development houses to make that happen. I'm definitely not in love with Garmin's policies and am trying to find a way to diversify my radio stack, but EFIS compatibility is a must-have; I'm not going to ditch my GRT EFIS just so I can use a different GPS navigator.

So... the big question remains... does anybody have any idea what the KSN770 supports in terms of its interfaces to experimental EFIS?

Joining in here, as in hopes there will be a lwr priced waas unit to compete against Garmin. As it is, it certainly is not the 770. I'd just like to see something as big as the 89B that could stick back in the same sized slot, but to offer waas. Maybe it needs to be larger for this capability? Thx for having me. DM
Oh, and B/K may take the 89B's back in on a trade up for their newer unit, as that was mentioned to me today. Still wouldn't make much of a dent in $'s.