N941WR

Legacy Member
I am about to install my Kroger Sunshade for the third time and would like to know what is the best way to clean the inside of the canopy.

With the prior two installations the metal bar fell off canopy without leaving any adhesive residue on the canopy. This leads me to believe the canopy was not cleaned properly before the prior installations.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Alcohol (with research and testing on scrap). 1000hrs and 5yrs, not even thinking about coming off.

Alcohol (with research and testing on scrap). 1000hrs and 5yrs, not even thinking about coming off.

I thought of Alcohol only it is supposed to do bad things to Plexiglas. (And my scrap is LONG gone.)

I thought of Alcohol only it is supposed to do bad things to Plexiglas. (And my scrap is LONG gone.)

Why would you throw those little scraps /test pieces out! You of all people know that the build is never done :). +1 for denatured, but I really can't remember to be sure. It just worked.

I used drug store rubbing alcohol, worked fine, but I spent 30 minutes shaping the track...

Mr.Koger told me to use 3M General Purpose cleaner. It is available at auto parts stores and is also safe on paint. Worked great.

Cleaning canopy for Koger track

Believe it or not acetone works great! Jay Pratt showed me this when he was helping with the installation of my new canopy. I had to Install a new Koger track ,too. I used acetone to clean the inside pf the canopy, and the track is really stuck!

Knowing that it doesn't harm plexi ...

... I used lacquer thinner. I also spent a ton of time getting the curve of the track PURRfectly matched to the canopy curve, as the Koger instructions call out. Right now the adhesive pads are fully stuck to the plexi. Time will tell, but right now I'm very confident this will stick.

I also spent a ton of time getting the curve of the track PURRfectly matched to the canopy curve, as the Koger instructions call out.

Bill,
This is the critical step in making sure the track stays put.
The adhesive tapes used can not tolerate much peel load (which occures if teh track is trying to spring back to its natural, static shape.
If you have done it twice, my guess would be that you probably were sure to it clean the second time.
Third time is the charm... if you make sure the track exactly matches the interior shape of the canopy.