Dvalcik

Well Known Member
Sponsor
There is a tradition at KPTW and not to be one to steer away from that we celebrated the completion of my phase 1 testing hanger style. We had great weather in the PA area. The bar was already set high by the other RV builders who have hosted the same hanger/propeller parties. So I tried to step up to the challenge and hosted a TEXAS BBQ (In PA not as easy as you would think). I found a small BBQ place in PA that really knew how to cook a brisket properly. One of my RV8 friend's better half, cooked real southern Texas style cobbler to top things off. Barb thanks so much for the great desert, are you sure you are not from the south?

We had 3 or 4 planes fly in and the other 50+ were local builders / pilots and EAA members. As usual when you get a group of builders and pilots together the stories start flowing. (I don’t need to say more)

I did invite a few non pilots and they were amazed how friendly the flying community is. One of them commented, “you can tell the RV builders out of the crowd by the smile and passion when they talk about the planes.”

It is funny they didn't know anything about the RV GRIN, but do now!
party6.jpg

party1.jpg

party2.jpg

party4.jpg

RV builders Mark and Paul AKA “the brothers” you’re next. Start planning!

I wish I could be there. It's so hot here in Death Valley :)

No problem, we missed the Russian and all of the stories.

I have been following your adventures as everyone else on VAF. Looks like it is a great trip and it sounds like you are not starving too much.

When you get back call me.

Save flying and enjoy the rest of the adventure. :D