rvator51

Well Known Member
We just found out that Koger now makes a sunshade for the RV-4 so we ordered one direct. Below is a picture of it installed on our RV-4. We flew to Payson last weekend and tried it out. The sun was too low on the way there, but the sunshade did a good job of blocking the sun on the way back. I think we are going to be glad to have it for some of our flights this summer. Bad news is that it costs more than the other RV sunshades - $250, but we think it was worth it.

IMG_4453.JPG

Thanks for the post Tom. I've been using a bandana tucked under my cap to prevent burns. This looks good for long trips.

However, one of the things I like about the -4 is the unrestricted view. I really swivel my neck. I might check back with you latter for your assessment.

Have fun & be safe,

Tom,
Could you post a pic of the shade from the inside?

And would like to see it in the retracted position.

Thanks,
Glenn Wilkinson

is it different than the RV-8 one that he has always recommended? I have one of those but had a hard time with it

is it different than the RV-8 one that he has always recommended? I have one of those but had a hard time with it

Hi Brian,

I think it is different. The RV8 sunshade is wider at the front end and tapered towards the rear end. The RV-4 sunshade is tapered at both ends.