johngoodman

Well Known Member
I'm planning on a trip to New Orleans Lakefront this weekend. Looking at the 3 FBOs there, which one is best for an RV? Also, I'd like it inside the hangar, if possible.

Landmark
Flightlinefirst
AeroPremiere

John

AeroPremier without a doubt, also if you need a cab/taxi to city, use Mr. Henry- 504-458-2921 he was a pleasure to work with and has been driving a cab in the city since the mid 50's

I'm planning on a trip to New Orleans Lakefront this weekend. Looking at the 3 FBOs there, which one is best for an RV? Also, I'd like it inside the hangar, if possible.

Landmark
Flightlinefirst
AeroPremiere

John
I've had bad luck with signature there, enough that I would avoid them.

AeroPremier... IIRC it was $20/night for this shared hangar:

IMG_1166.JPG

Hawthorne at KNEW

We just did an overnight at KNEW and used Hawthorne. $10 tiedown, $20 ramp fee that is waived with fuel purchase (no minimum). Flightline was advertising 25 cents off fuel as an Airnav special, so I asked if Hawthorne would match that. They said they would not only match it but do even better. Inside space has been newly finished-out and looks fantastic. Cold water and cookies at the ready. Line crew fully understood when we said we wanted a tie-down spot and not just ramp space, he pointed to a spot and asked if that was OK, walked over behind us, tied us down while we unloaded, carried the luggage inside, and loaded the luggage in the cab when it arrived.

When I made our reservation, I asked about getting a cab into town. When we landed, the desk called a cab and it was waiting for us as soon as we finished inside. They will also have one waiting if you show up on flightaware. And no hurry, the cabbies will happily wait until you are set. We are used to getting rushed - hey, your cab is here - but not at this place.

We used one of their suggested drivers into town, Mr. Henry, who charged $25. Tried to call him to get back to the airport, but he didn't answer several calls. So - now what? What resources do I have. Ah - called the FBO, "can you help me find another cab driver to get back to the airport?" The answer was, "Of course, just give me a few minutes." Sure enough, maybe 2 minutes later a call came with the reponse that Larry would be at the hotel to pick us up. Positive confirmation, name of driver, expected time frame - what more could you ask for? Concierge service at its best.

Hawthorne is down the ramp from Landmark and Flightline, but it is so worth passing up the other two.

PS - Another hint - if you happen to stay at the Hyatt at Bourbon/Canal and like quiet hotel rooms, be sure to select the checkbox for a 'quiet room' when making a reservation. They weren't kidding. Room was a walk to get to, but that was part of the beauty as nobody was walking past your room and nowhere near the elevator or vending area. It also had no windows so no street noise at all. Possibly a nightmare for others, but perfect for us.

Last edited: