Xkuzme1

Well Known Member
I have a KLX-135 in my airplane. The com works flawlessly but as of the last couple weeks I have been unable to get a GPS signal. I have tried an alternate antenna with no luck. I have double checked that the clock and Z time have been entered correctly and the position entered properly.

Without this GPS, I start falling down a rabbit hole. New GPS means I'd have to get a newer autopilot, means is have to...

Really is just like to get my 135 working. eBay ones are crazy expensive for what you are buying.

Does anyone have ideas that I might try?

Thanks,

X

I don't know how old the battery is, but whenever I fire it up, it already has the time/date usually within a minute or two.

Yeah but a failing internal battery can lead to all sorts of strange behavior.
When Mine went out (twice), it usually starts with taking forever and a day, to acquire satellites. Goes right into it's "Search The Sky" mode whenever it is powered up because it did not store it's present location. Strange thing is, at least in my case, it never lost the time. Go figure.

Not sure if that is your problem, but if it looks like it "trying" to lock on, then I would look at replacing the battery, which is another can of worms, but doable.

Hard to say without looking at the screen on startup.