drmax

Well Known Member
Anyone have this unit? I do and have a question. I'll wait unitl I get a resonse here. Thx, DM

Yep. Whatcha wanna know?
I bought my plane with this coupled to trio dual axis...I have perhaps 15 airports I want programed to go to. There is no such thing in BK's eyes as "favorites". Do I load these as flight plans? I know how to use the "direct to" feature, but is a little too much time of fiddling around plugging in those 3-4 letters.

I need to sit in the plane in my hangar, pull the gyro breaker and get this radio fired up to be able to program it (without the rest of my avionics pulling down the battery)

Thx for your help

The trick is to put all of your favorites in the FPL25 page, that way when your on the FPL tab you just left turn the small knob once, hit CRSR, and pick what you want.

I like the King GPS's, they're easy to use once you know how. You can pull the GPS out and just connect power to a bench power supply, ground and the takehome pin to ground to play with it at home.

Last edited:
The trick is to put all of your favorites in the FPL25 page, that way when your on the FPL tab you just left turn the small knob once, hit CRSR, and pick what you want.
I'll have to dink with this.....I'll have the manual next to me and get into the flight plan chapter.

I've also noticed it would appear there is one complete horizontal line missing on the display. I doubt I'll spend the money they'd want for that repair. I'll just use it for what's it's worth, then to the trash heap.