Mr. Mikey

Looks like Dan has two articles this month.

While I'm at it, I'd like to give kudos to Dan for a great series on metal crafting. (Did you learn all that in your RV building experience?)

Careful, Dan. They might try to lure you into a different line of work.

Mr. Mikey said:
While I'm at it, I'd like to give kudos to Dan for a great series on metal crafting. (Did you learn all that in your RV building experience?)
Thanks. Yeah, I didn't know any of this stuff before I started building my RV. I still don't know much -- that's what Kitplanes wanted in an author. Somebody who has been through "the process", came out successfully on the other end, but wasn't a career aerospace guy...and obviously somebody who can write and communicate the essentials. The stuff I've written on sheet metal techniques just barely scratches the surface but will get most newbies going! I appreciate the kind words and have been pleased to hear from folks who find the series informative.

Enjoy the articles

Dan,
I too wish to send my thanks for the great reading. Of all the aviation magazines I read, I find Kitplane the most informative. I am glad they are willing to have grassroots builders such as yourself contribute. It is definetly what I think makes it a good magazine. Now, if they could just reexamine their thinking on subsribers being able to view content on kitplanes.com they would be unbeatable.

Just the other day I needed to drill out a badly mangled rivet (in fact, I had to do so twice in the same hole). Thanks to your suggestion from the article in Kitplanes about using a 3/32 drill bit instead of a #40 bit to drill out an AN4263-3.5 rivet I successfully did so with no damage to the rivet hole, twice.

I would love to know how you were able to pass on so succinctly such wisdom having only gained it through the recent construction of your RV. Anyway, keep up the good work. I look forward to reading more from you soon.

RVBYSDI
Steve
RV9A slow build

There ain't many magazines with articles which I would have read through word by word as this metal -serie from Dan. The article serie was also one of the last decision makers, that even I will finish the project some day so just had to start it first. However I'm prepared to use much more time so that I wouldn't be disappointed if it takes longer. Still I do not have space to do more than tail kit before 2008...

Now when waiting my orders (empennage and toolkit) to arrive, I still can re-read the article serie once, twice or even more before start learning basics with Van's training projects.

Still waiting Kitplanes' last article with P... -things to arrive. I would put that article after the basics so if somebody is doing in a real hurry he would been able to use P... article too. Now in case he started in a hurry when first part of the articles was released, he may have been p... off because of this. ;)

So briefly, greetings to Dan!