redrv6

Can anyone tell me how to set up Kitlog Pro on my new machine? I've downloaded it again but can't work out how to register without paying for it again. The website FAQ's say you can install it on another machine without charge.

Thanks
Shirley

I think there's two ways, but you can also contact the developer to make sure. One way is copy over the kitlog.mdb file to your new computer; I believe the registration info is stored in that. Or just enter the registration info you got in your purchase email.

Can anyone tell me how to set up Kitlog Pro on my new machine? I've downloaded it again but can't work out how to register without paying for it again. The website FAQ's say you can install it on another machine without charge.

Thanks
Shirley

When I moved my version to a new computer I had to email the company for a new key code or whatever they call it. Apparently you need to do this for each computer.

When I got my information back out the computer I moved everything to a spreadsheet. Not as pretty but far and away easier to use and there are things I can do with Excel that I couldn't do with KLP.

When I moved my version to a new computer I had to email the company for a new key code or whatever they call it. Apparently you need to do this for each computer.

When I got my information back out the computer I moved everything to a spreadsheet. Not as pretty but far and away easier to use and there are things I can do with Excel that I couldn't do with KLP.

I've upgrade three or four times since I started using Kitlog. I've always been able to use the same key.

Thanks for the prompt and helpful replies. I found my registration number in an old email and that worked to register the new copy. Now to figure out how to copy the old log details across! This is almost as difficult as understanding Section 31A SkyView wing wire upgrade :)

The default database is in the Aeroware folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Aeroware\Kitlog Pro v2.0\) and the default name is Kitlog.mdb. You can just copy that file over to the same location on your new computer. When you open Kitlog after moving the file(s), it will automatically show you your log if you kept the default file location and name. If you renamed your file, moved it, and/or have backup copies, you will have to search for them and copy them to the new computer as well. Once you have done that, open Kitlog and select Open Database from the file menu. This will allow you to select which database file you want to use.

The database (.mdb) file is the only thing Kitlog needs, so you don't have to hunt down settings files or anything like that. It's really easy to move and I keep a copy of my database on the computer in my hangar as well as a couple of locations at home.

The default database is in the Aeroware folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Aeroware\Kitlog Pro v2.0\) and the default name is Kitlog.mdb.

The database (.mdb) file is the only thing Kitlog needs, so you don't have to hunt down settings files or anything like that. It's really easy to move and I keep a copy of my database on the computer in my hangar as well as a couple of locations at home.
I created a Dropbox folder and keep kitlog.mdb in there. That way I can edit it from different computers easily; each computer with the same Dropbox account get synced immediately.

Now that is a good idea....

I created a Dropbox folder and keep kitlog.mdb in there. That way I can edit it from different computers easily; each computer with the same Dropbox account get synced immediately.

I am going to do that right away...