Gregg Brightwell

Well Known Member
To all of you who commented on / recommended Kitlog software, thank you. Dennis, thanks for the loaner copy to use as a demo.

I purchased the software online, installed with no problems, then ran into the wall. Vista is great, but sometimes, Vista SUCKS. This was one of those times. Took a few weeks, and many emails back and forth with Matt Dralle, (email support for Kitlog) to resolve the issues.

It now seems to be working great, and I can post to the internet now. I only have the most recent month or so in the construction log, still have to enter everything from last month on back to May, 2007.

Feel free to take a look at what I have at www.mykitlog.com
You can search for builder brightwell, in KS pretty easy stuff.

What was your issue with Vista? I've had no problems but then, I don't post to the Internet. I have a website for that.

Kitlog Vs. Vista

I was getting error messages, would not connect to the remote server, etc....Well, as it turns out, McAfee was the culprit. It was working SO hard to 'protect' my computer, that it would NOT allow any external file sharing. I tried dozens of updates, files, .exe files, etc. Finally, I just removed McAfee Total Protection from my computer, and it works now. Note: I still have good antivirus, malware software, and a good firewall.

Thanks Rodney for getting my link on there. I am VERY new with the kitlog postings....

Just an ole' Missouri Farm kid transplanted to KIDP to work for Cessna... If I can do it, anyone can.. :)

I just made my own log using excel and linked some cells to select pictures.

There is a copy of it on my web site for you to download and play with. It is on the Things to Consider page.

Save the money for tools and 100LL.