DonFromTX

Well Known Member
My .mdb file got corrupted and I need to download a new one. Can't seem to get an answer on where this is located so I can do a new one. Anyone?

Don,

Can you start up the software and see all your log entries? The database file (.mdb) is what contains all of you information and it is stored on your personal computer. It's a good idea to make frequent backups of this file, for obvious reasons. If the .mdb file that you say got corrupted is the ONLY .mdb file backup you have of your logs, then you may have to utilize the "restore" software on your computer to "go back in time" to before the file was corrupted. If you have your backup file stored somewhere else, then it's as simple as having Kitlog open up that file from the other location. Hope this helps. Matt Draille (runs Kitlog and Matronics) might be able to help you better. Send him an email. Good luck.

Search

Don,

You should have a backup on your computer....if you click on the start button you should see the search field at the very bottom. Type in *.mdb and hit enter.

You should see a number of files from kitlog show up depending on how often you back it up.

Pick the newest file and start replacing what you lost.

Keep a back up on a usb drive if you have one.

Call me at 905 261 6615 if you need a hand walking yout through it.

Don

This KitLog has been a confusing program to me, I admit I just don't understand it.
I can open up my KitLog quite nicely, however I am unable to post new entries! I had a problem before and had decided to keep my MDB file on a memory stick for safer storage, but somehow it got corrupted I guess.I don't think that going back in time will fix the memory stick. I emailed Matt a week ago, no response yet from him. I see now that my backup system needed a backup to it as well.

Don,

Can you start up the software and see all your log entries? The database file (.mdb) is what contains all of you information and it is stored on your personal computer. It's a good idea to make frequent backups of this file, for obvious reasons. If the .mdb file that you say got corrupted is the ONLY .mdb file backup you have of your logs, then you may have to utilize the "restore" software on your computer to "go back in time" to before the file was corrupted. If you have your backup file stored somewhere else, then it's as simple as having Kitlog open up that file from the other location. Hope this helps. Matt Draille (runs Kitlog and Matronics) might be able to help you better. Send him an email. Good luck.

This KitLog has been a confusing program to me, I admit I just don't understand it.
I can open up my KitLog quite nicely, however I am unable to post new entries! I had a problem before and had decided to keep my MDB file on a memory stick for safer storage, but somehow it got corrupted I guess.I don't think that going back in time will fix the memory stick. I emailed Matt a week ago, no response yet from him. I see now that my backup system needed a backup to it as well.

Don, what do you mean by this bolded statement? On your local computer can you add new entries? Do you mean you cannot post new entries to the internet or you cannot add new entries to your kitlog program on your computer.