ppilotmike

Well Known Member
I just started logging my build using Kitlog Pro software, which is now owned by Matronics and Matt Draille. I have read several postings about problems with Kitlog in this forum. To be honest.. because of those comments in this forum, I was beginning to doubt that Kitlog Pro was the right software for logging my build. When I uploaded it to my new laptop, which runs Windows 7, I immediately encountered error messages, and started to think that my money may have been better spent elsewhere.

That was when Matt entered the scene. He immediately responded to my email with solutions. When one of his patch links didn't seem to want to download, he even walked me through doing that. The guy was incredibly attentive and far exceeded my expectations. Since then, I have been posting on the software and have been very impressed with how easy it is to use. It allows me to post my construction log on the web and keep track of all my expenses too. New posts take about 5 minutes each to create and upload. All in all, it is working great and I highly recommend Kitlog Pro to all builders.

Don't want to preach, but I felt Matt definitely earned some praise. Thanks Matt. I wish you the best of luck.

Mike

Dan, Mike et al.:

Does Kitlog Pro charge a one-time fee and then host your log indefinitely...or is there an ongoing fee (per month or year) for hosting? I've wondered about their fee structure, given that one can blog for essentially free (tho' using a format not as well customized for a build project). Thanks!

Jack

Dan, Mike et al.:

Does Kitlog Pro charge a one-time fee and then host your log indefinitely...or is there an ongoing fee (per month or year) for hosting? I've wondered about their fee structure, given that one can blog for essentially free (tho' using a format not as well customized for a build project). Thanks!

Jack

The web hosting is free once you purchase the software.

You do have to play within the limitation of the application. There is a limit on how much text you have have per entry and you are limited to three photos per entry. While at times annoying, I've learned to work around them. It's not a big deal. I rather spend time building than fooling around with a web site. It's almost a one button push to publish. (actually it's a couple clicks, but you get the point)

It does a good job of printing a hard copy to show FSDO and friends.

bob

Once I discovered that the software lets you have multiple entries on a single day, I've been quite happy with it. On those long work sessions where I have more than three photos or a lot to say, it usually falls out that I've worked in more than one category, so I just break it up.

It's kind of neat to be able to update the website from a simple click-and-login dialog. Plus I can quickly spy on other builder's progress - a great source of ideas and pitfall avoidance.

I had no problem moving my installation from XP to Vista to Win7, except the latest install is giving me a couple of authentication errors (despite installing and running as administrator). However, they are click-through errors and have no effect on the function of the program so I haven't bothered with trying to fix them. Maybe I should investigate these patches Matt has.

My only aggravation is that when I open the program to post, it says there is an update, do I want it? Each time I click yes, but it never downloads anything.
It is however a very easy log to post progress on.

I had no problem moving my installation from XP to Vista to Win7, except the latest install is giving me a couple of authentication errors (despite installing and running as administrator). However, they are click-through errors and have no effect on the function of the program so I haven't bothered with trying to fix them. Maybe I should investigate these patches Matt has.

You should definitely ask Matt for the patch he has. He sent me this patch and it immediately got rid of the error message (annoying). I was doing like you were: clicking through with no problems. However, i was concerned that someday, the authentication error may cause a problem, so I went for the patch. It was fixed in about 3 minutes.

Kitlog is the best

I didn't build an RV but I did use Kitlog to document my Bushcaddy. Real easy to use, literally 5 minutes each time to fill out. MY DAR had never seen a printed Kitlog Report and was very, very impressed with what I presented him. I also cannot tell you how many times I have referred back to clarify what I did in a certain situation. To me this is a complete no brainer. The end result far exceeds the investment.

I have used Kitlog since the begining of my project and am very happy. The software is very easy to use. I am also running windows 7 (started my project on XP) and have not had a single issue.

Kitlog is probably the best money I have spent on the project to date.

http://www.mykitlog.com/ccpeterson@y