gbrasch

Well Known Member
fedexsmall1un.jpg

Here is how my finish kit came off the FedEx truck, I thought they knew better, guess not. The shipping companies have been my biggest headache in the whole building process. I am no relation to Partain, but maybe his style is the way to go.

Two Words- Partain Transportation

There is not better service for kit delivery than Tony Partain's delivery service. I have had two kits delivered now, the first like the picture above and the second was a real joy with Tony helping me roll the QB wings and fuse into the shop! It makes a huge difference when the guy that is hauling your kit is an RV builder/flyer himself. His ad resides here on Doug's site.

When I ordered my SeaRey, Yellow Freight damaged the crate allowing stuff to be exposed. Fortunately, nothing was damaged or missing. They also put a forklift tyne through the crate for the Rotax engine when that was shipped.

We actually flew out to Oregon and picked up the QB kit, FWF kit and the Finishing kit and brought it all home in a Uhaul, back to Wisconsin. Tony wasn't doing deliveries yet. I certainly would have considered him, if he was.

Roberta

shipping damage

just inventory, check for damages, if any take pictures, and file a claim within 15 days for fedex, and no problem, (except for the reimbursement rate!) My fuse kit was upside down, damaged and two skins slightly bent, but repairable. Fedex paid $100 for $200 in replacement pieces...The time limit IS IMPORTANT.