Sig600

Well Known Member
I'm looking at getting a -7 QB kit shipped from FL to NV. Wings, fuselage, empennage, tools. I called PODS and they wanted something like 4 grand! I just shipped a car coast to coast for less than 1/4 of that! Wondering if I could get the shipping company that Vans uses to bring it back after dropping off someone elses kit out ther. Any ball park ideas on cost?

Thanks.

You might call Tony Partain. If he has a delivery in Fla, I'm sure he would pick it up and deliver to NV.

Partain good, Freight Co's Bad

Partain moved a project from SC to OR for me and I was very satisfied with the service. Very professional, and the rig is set up just to move aircraft, typically RV's

ABF

ABF has a you pack it/we move it service that seems pretty reasonable, they drop off a 28' a-pup and you fill it, call them, and they drag it to where you want it.

That being said, I used Partain for my QB fuse & finish kit, and it worked out. I didn't save any $$$, but it arrived safely and on time.

Rick 90432

You might think about just renting a truck and drive it yourself. The truck rental is usually cheaper when you are leaving a popular area (like FL). Heck, you could always buy a truck there and then resell it in NV.

Where are you headed in NV? If Reno, look me up. There are a bunch of RVs flying and in various states of completion in the area.

greg