Jeff R

Well Known Member
I ordered my RV-9A finishing kit on Jan 31, the day before the price increase, and just a few days ago finally received confirmation, where Van's said shipment would occur the week of April 21. This represent an 11 to 12 week lead time. The web site still gives 8 weeks. Anyone else see longer lead times? Did a bunch of us order at the last minute and cause a big crunch at Van's?

I agree

Van's tends to tell you that it will be longer than it actually is before you receive your kits.
I ended up getting all of mine several weeks before promised.
Just get ready for those huge shipping bills! OUCH!

:eek:

They have been spot on with my previous kits. I don't mind as I probably won't be ready until at least then, and the money I am saving will pay for at least most of the shipping.

You're not wrong :-(

Just get ready for those huge shipping bills!

Sea $768
Air $1458

Due to ship mid-March. I'll be hit with about NZ $1500 tax when it hits here too (in addition to the above freight charges) :(
My wallet hurts...

Last edited:
Jeff
Ordered our wings same day as your order. Got our letter two days ago with expected shipping date of 3-31-08. I'd say that is March 31-08, eight weeks right on.
Ron

I ordered my RV-8 wing kit on November 14, 2007. Actually received it on February 4th 2008. It was about a 10 wk wait. I live in Salina,Ks, and two major Interstates intersect here....not a difficult place to ship to. My guess is that it will take as long as they predicted.

My kit lead times were accurate almost down to the day.

My guess is also that they will take as long as they are publishing.

7 finish kits went out to 9-10 weeks up from 8 :(

Kit price increase driving demand....

Talked to Van's last week.

They got a slug of orders before the Feb 1 price increase.

So yes, you got in line likely after the slug, before they adjusted any online leadtime....

Hence the "extended lead times"