pilot28906

Well Known Member
I am looking for a budgetary price on an O-360A1A kit engine? Has anyone purchsed one lately and would like to share the cost? I'm not looking for a quote just a good idea for planning purposes.

Thanks in advance

Talk to LyCon in Visalia, CA, about a "new" overhaul engine. They use new limits but used case, crank, and cam, and new most everything else, particularly cylinders. Get their flow balance and polish option, it's cheap horsepower, on new Lycoming jugs. It's their forte. They'll also build any standard kit engine you want.

In April I received a quote of about $22K for the new overhaul including porting. ECi kits - the cheapest - were around $26K, nothing fancy, no options. That's still about what you're going to pay at a minimum for a plain new kit from from ECi, maybe Superior, Lyc will be more, screwed together by any of the reputable builders.

John Siebold

If you are talking "kit" engine, I paid around $15.5K for my O-360 ECi kit from Ameritech/Eagle Engines. Of course, that was three years ago, so the price has probably change.

I then had an A&P friend help me put it together.

Same here, looking for a kit that I can turn into an IO360-M1B in the next few months.

Ordering a Superior IO-360 180 hp from Barrett this week and it?s going to be real close to $30K. I have not found it to be any less anywhere else for a FI kit. Yes it?s killing me to do it but.. Oh sure you can shave a thousand or maybe 2 off but really at this level you are just shorting yourself.

If you are talking "kit" engine, I paid around $15.5K for my O-360 ECi kit from Ameritech/Eagle Engines. Of course, that was three years ago, so the price has probably change.

I then had an A&P friend help me put it together.

PS. That price did not include any accessories; Carb, starter, mags (P-mags, in my case), fuel pump, etc.

J&J (link to left), kit unassembled engine only about 17.5k. With all accessories 22.5k (Superior).

J&J

A friend just bought a complete kit from J&J, 17,900 Iirc. Mostly superior parts but ECI nickel and no accessories. that was just last week.
Tim

Unassembled kits are 17k for Carb and 24K for FI. I wanted mine assembled by a pro, match flowed and run for an hour before I take off in the air. Building the plane is hard enough without having to build the engine yourself. The going rate for assembly seems to be between $3,000 and $3,500 and I believe well worth it.

Engines

Keep your eyes open , I just picked up Lycon built angle valve on Barnstormers .There are deals out there , check with the ECI guys in Sebring Fl, Wentworth in Ga ,an Flagler Air Exchange in Fl . I have a 540 ,0 SMOH in the classified section. I may have a low time 360 for sale soon.