polishpilot

Well Known Member
I know there have been discussions on this and I have read 3 pages on the subject in these forums. My question is does anyone have any ideas why KitLog v2.0 has so many problems? On opening(every time), a pop-up asked if I want to install an update that is dated 3/12/2006. I cannot post to the Internet. I have managed to load the program on a laptop (Vista 32bit); but unable to load on my desktop Windows 7 32bit. If I knew of a better program, I would be interested. At this point I am ready to ask for a return on my purchase.

This is my first post on Van's Airforce and I feel sort of strange posting a complaint. I love the site and have been reading it for about 2 months. I now have an RV-9A Empennage kit in my garage and tools are on the way.
Jim

I know there have been discussions on this and I have read 3 pages on the subject in these forums. My question is does anyone have any ideas why KitLog v2.0 has so many problems? On opening(every time), a pop-up asked if I want to install an update that is dated 3/12/2006. I cannot post to the Internet. I have managed to load the program on a laptop (Vista 32bit); but unable to load on my desktop Windows 7 32bit. If I knew of a better program, I would be interested. At this point I am ready to ask for a return on my purchase.

This is my first post on Van's Airforce and I feel sort of strange posting a complaint. I love the site and have been reading it for about 2 months. I now have an RV-9A Empennage kit in my garage and tools are on the way.
Jim

Jim -

Have you asked Matt for help? [email protected] is his address. I bought the program last weeknd and loaded it on my Win7 laptop. Had some trouble, couldn't find the answer on my own. Sent a message, not expecting any response until Monday. I got a response within hours, and was up and running in no time. Note that it has to run under a userid that has administrator privileges and has to run in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode.

Hope that helps.

Good luck with the build!

Phil

Jim

I get that same question about the update(2006) does not make any sense. I have not tried to upload to the internet so not sure about that but if you find a answer to the update part of it please post it here.

Thanks Joe

win xp

Thats the first I have heard of problems with kitlogPro. I purchased and loaded it on two pc's here at home, one in the shop and one in the house. I also uploaded my build to the web. It worked perfectly for me. Both of my machines are win xp pro. It might well be something with win7, probably just a protocol or something I would contact them for a fix. I dont remember mine saying anything about an upate, dated 2006. One really neat thing about it is I can copy the kilog.ldb (the database file) from the shop computer and paste it in my pc in the house and it updates it so it is the same as the shop one as it gets updated with my additions to it. Good luck hope ya get it fixed soon.

bird

I think you are right, Bird. I have another email into support. I hope to hear from them by the first of the week.
Jim

I have been using Kitlog for 3 years now on XP and then Win 7, so it does work. My gripe is the complete lack of improvements to the program. For the price there should be regular bug fixes and improvements.