g zero

Well Known Member
I am thinking about getting my A&P ,and going to the one week King School in Daytona Beach . The course cost $775 with the three tests, and $600 for the oral and practical tests. Any feed back on this course or others ? Planing this for Sept or Oct after my interveiw with FISDO.

I've been thinking about pursuing my A&P as well. Please keep us posted on what you find. I did a bit of Google searching about a month ago, but didn't get far. I don't need another degree and it seemed that's what was consuming the first 10 pages of my search results.

Zero,

What is the sequence of events to get the A&P? I see you said you will go to school after an interview with the fsdo. Do they have to approve you to go to school? I would like to get mine done this fall also.

Buz

a&p

Buz, I am looking at Kings School as a pre test course that reveiws every part of the exam. I have the work experience and a letter from an IA saying I am eligable to take the exam. FISDO has to approve me to take the exam also. If you have no work experience you can go thru a 2 year school.I think the work experience is 18 months power plant 18 months airframe or 30 months combined.

I wouldn't take the prep course until after I had the FSDO approval to take the test.

Just me, I suppose.:eek:

I used National Aviation Academy

in Clearwater, FL, last year ---- for "experienced" folks with the FSDO sign-off (get a couple of good recommendation letters from local I/As and have documented history/log of your work). The school was two intensive weeks for the three written exams, and prep for the O&P, which was arranged with local DMEs.

By the way, my local FSDO guy said work on experimentals did not count toward "experience". (just the messenger!).

Ron Simonton