rstisser

I have a KLN89b in my RV6A panel which drives my autopilot. It is not elegant but works very well for this purpose but in the last few months the display has begun to flicker and is getting worse. Is this the beginning of the end or a simple fix?

I'm afraid it's the beginning of the end..... but...

If the displays on the KLN89B was half as good as the rest of the unit, they'd last forever. Unfortunately, that's not the case. And the company that was making replacement displays is no longer, and the last I heard, didn't have any more stock to sell.

The good news is that used KLN89Bs are selling real cheap right now. Just buy another one with a good display, slide yours out and slide in the new one.

Replaced Mine For Same Reason

Just last winter the 89B display panel went. Picked up a yellow tagged unit for an ebay lister for $300 that came out of a Fed-Ex fleetwide upgrade. Search the aviation superstore - Ebay !!!!

re used kln89b

EFG
Has the used unit that you bought held up OK? I would rather put in something else now than have to start over in a short time. On the ebay front I saw one there just this morning but it did not reach the minimum.

I found a KLN89B sitting on the trade-in shelf. I'll see if I can get it tested and get a price for you.

re used kln89b

Has been fine. I looked into a KLN94 but they were mostly north of 2,000 with not alot more features. The 94 will drive an MFD-550 but since I dont have one, not a big deal!!

For cheap, flea-bay is a good way to go.