PVS

Requesting assistance. After an hour of flying my RV6A radios went silent. Once on the ground, my buddy could hear me across the runway but I could not hear him. Turning up the squelch, I could not hear that. Any thoughts. Thank you:confused:

If you have two coms and neither can be heard, this points to a problem in the audio panel, headphone jack, etc.
First, if you have an audio panel and it has a "fail safe" mode with power off the panel, try that.
If you have an intercom is that working?

Replace it with a Garmin GTR200 and don't look back :D

I agree with Walt, and will even offer to take the two junk radios off your hands for $20 each...:)

It does sound like an intercom and/or audio panel problem though.

Any time I see a problem like this I take the radio out and slide it into the tray of a plane with a known working system. That determines if it's the radio or the installation. Then you can work out from there. There should be enough of those radios around to be able to test it this way. Just installing a different radio is no solution if the wiring is the problem. If the radio itself tests bad in another plane, briefly test a known good radio in your plane. It could be that a short in an antenna lead or something like that in the wiring has damaged the radio, which would make you very unpopular to the lender of the good radio if prolonged use damages their good radio.

If, in fact, both radios are ka-plooey, I would advise getting away from Bendix King. They're repair prices for parts are absurd. Definitely not worth the price. I also advise going for a Garmin install. Garmin radios are bulletproof and service has to be more reasonable. I ended up buying a K97 off of Ebay for 1/2 of what a repair 1/6th of what the repair would cost.

Thank you all, I'll try the radio swap in an other aircraft first, then trace down the audio panel wires.:)