Jerry Fischer

Well Known Member
While removing slosh and proseal from RV1 in this rainy wx, I thought I'd just hang around the site to amuse myself...:D

You really must

Jerry, you really must come on down to Clearwater ----- I have lots to do on the -6A I just bought and the heat and humidity in the hangar makes it feel like a sauna!

Take care,

Ron

Oh Gee...

I don't know Ron, heat & humidity you say, hmmmm, if we could get Holland over there we would have some entertainment with his dry sense of humor and then we could all come up to my place and work on the "1".:eek:

Jerry

If you get too much time on your hands you are welcome to come to Fort Worth. I have lots to do around here.

Jerry, is there a recommended procedure for removing slosh? I have a friend with an RV-6 with tanks that were sloshed back when Van still recommended it. I was wondering if there was an "easy" way to de-slosh them.

Slosh

Hi Rob,
As those before me have expressed, Kleen Strip seems to really do the best job...I'm sort of lazy about elbow grease, probably cause I'm too dam old to scrub it off any more than necessary so I apply the stripper, let it dry overnight and proceed to pull it off in big elastic pieces rather than trying to remove in its semi pasty state. So far it seems to be pretty effective and a lot cleaner process. My real test will be applying it to the under side of the upper wing surfaces( wet wing not a tank) to remove and clean all slosh/proseal for reapplication of new proseal. I'll try to keep updating as I go but I have the time & patience to try and do it right. Hope this helps.