PaulR

Well Known Member
I'm going to Fort Meyers about the 6th of December for about 3 days to play a little golf with friends. Wondered if anyone had anything good or bad to say about Page Field. I'd be looking for a hanger, if possible, for about 3 nights.

Which FBO to use? Do they rent hangers? One place I read that there is a landing fee. Is that correct?

It just didn't look like much else around there and it's only about 10 minutes from my buddies house.

It's a bit farther away but Naples (APF) has a great facility, if you don't find anything in Ft Myers. You may feel a bit inadequate next to all the Gulfstreams though (at least I did...)

Chris

I have rented tie-down space at Base Ops the past several years for our January escape from the Midwest. Their prices have been reasonable and the service Excellent. I just checked airnav and their price for self service 100LL is only $4.40. Sky Terrier will again be tied down there this January.

No landing fee at KFMY

someone confused it with the Southwest Florida Regional (KRSW) Jet Port. No GA there. KFMY is very friendly to GA and as said above, lowest fuel price in state and one of lowest in the region.
Happy landings,

The FBO has (or at least used to) a policy that, provided you buy gas (even self serve), you will get a week free tie down. Very GA friendly airport!

page is a great airport. no landing fees, base ops is great to work with. I don't know if there is any hanger space, If I could find a way to fit two rv's in my hanger I would let you use it, just wont fit. self serve wast at 4.46 as of yesterday, it is on the south side of the airport and base ops is on the north side, a little bit of a taxi but worth the 20 cents or so a gallon. I would not recommend APF. My ame's office is there and they charge a $10 ramp fee just to park there for 20 minutes so i can get my physical. they wave it for something like 50 gallons. oh, don't forget the free hotdogs on friday at base ops. watch out for all the cheap RV people there, we get there early and eat all the cookies.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

Thanks guys, looks like Base Ops is it. Weather permitting I'll be down there on the 6th and return on the 9th.

Thanks for all the help.