scrollF4

Moderator, Asst. Line Boy
Ambassador
I flew KELLI GIRL down south to Austin Exec to pick up Kelli and bring her home.

FP06032016A00046.jpg

On the solo leg to Austin, I had a huge tailwind, rolling my ground speed over the 200 knot mark. BooYah!!

FP06042016A0001M.jpg

Sadly, the return trip flew us directly into that same wind, slowing us to a 114 Kt crawl.

FP06042016A0001N.jpg

Welcome to the club with Kelli Girl Scroll. And good to see Kelli is not a figment of your imagination, unlike Hula. :p

Good catch Paul

You still got me beat Scroll. I'm in the zero knot club until it warms up here.

The vertical speed bug is set to -500fpm but not seeing any vertical speed indicated. Seems legit to me.

I use 500 FPM for autopilot climbs/descents. It's easy on the CHTs while making climb/descent point range computations easier. Then I can dial in vertical rate adjustments based on the displayed level-out arc.

You still got me beat Scroll. I'm in the zero knot club until it warms up here.

No excuses, Bugsy. If Vlad can operate off a frozen lake, well.... But then again he is part Siberian Husky part bear. :D

I use 500 FPM for autopilot climbs/descents. It's easy on the CHTs while making climb/descent point range computations easier. Then I can dial in vertical rate adjustments based on the displayed level-out arc.

Oh for sure. I was just pointing out that your PFD shows level unaccelerated flight. Welcome to the club! :)

Rob,
What makes me love your 200/700 photo most? It's a B777 nav display (I teach 777 ground school at American). :cool:

Scroll, I knew you would know it was a Triple...

Because I have enjoyed the classes you lead at AA!

You do a great job over there, and as someone on the other side of the table at the schoolhouse, it always makes the routine of recurrent training a lot more "fun" if the instructor not only knows his stuff, but teaches it with passion and a sense of humor vs just going thru the motions.

See ya back there in 6 months!

Rob "I bought you breakfast over at Hicks" Schroer

Roger that, Rob,
I remember. It helps when you fly very cool and FAST airplanes. :cool: