rockwoodrv9

Well Known Member
Patron
If there is one part of the build I hate, it is keeping track of receipts. I have all of them in a box - in a place my wife would never think of looking. I spent about 20 minutes this evening scanning all of them and sorting them all into categories. It was easy! The problem is now I know what I have spent to date!!

I do have to keep track of expenses for my business and I just got a portable Neat Receipts scanner. It is very small, about 2"x1-1/2" and scans everything from a business card, receipt, or full page document. It has software that takes the info from a receipt and keeps it in a file for you that makes it easy for even me to keep track of costs. It runs off the usb port so no batteries.

If you hate keeping receipts, this is the way to go. It isn't cheap, about $150, but it sure saves time. I was able to expense it to my business, so it made it even better!

I'm not sure I want to keep track. Right now it's not a challenge, other than tools & supplies. Barring any specific requirement, though, I don't know that I plan to keep exact records.

If you hate keeping receipts, this is the way to go. It isn't cheap, about $150, but it sure saves time. I was able to expense it to my business, so it made it even better!

Great idea! If you don't mind, I'll send you all mine to scan and expense to your business as well. :D

Hate paper for this. I put it into a spreadsheet. Different pages for FWF, airframe, cockpit, tools, infrastructure, etc. Each line entry has date, item, cost, shipping cost (right now at about 6.5%), vendor, and a note.

I save Van's and other important reciepts, though, where a question might arise. Thinking here of warranty or SB or that sort of thing.

Dave

I am a Quicken user. I have a catagroy "RV building" and another "flying". Big item receipts are kept in a folder and the rest are recycled. It is easy to know exact how much I have spent.

As I built my plane, I just threw all of em into a box. As I built, I needed a bigger box and then an even bigger box.

I have never went thru the box and totaled it all up. I am afraid to!

As I built my plane, I just threw all of em into a box. As I built, I needed a bigger box and then an even bigger box.

I have never went thru the box and totaled it all up. I am afraid to!

Even worse, what if my wife finds that box and totals it up!!:eek:

Hate paper for this. I put it into a spreadsheet. Different pages for FWF, airframe, cockpit, tools, infrastructure, etc. Each line entry has date, item, cost, shipping cost (right now at about 6.5%), vendor, and a note.

I save Van's and other important receipts, though, where a question might arise. Thinking here of warranty or SB or that sort of thing.

Dave

This scanner does all of that by just sending the receipt through. That is the part I like - I don't have to type it all in!