aerhed

Well Known Member
Throw a rock on the cairn, blow smoke in the four directions, rattle your rosaries, talk in some tongues, put yer beanie on, and thank whatever god you get along with for steering you towards RV's and VAF. Where's this coming from? Well, looking at that pitot thread just now it hit me again how high the RV standards have become. The new builds have wiring, plumbing, and construction going on that look as good as the hellhole in a new jet. I think what triggered this little revelation is this LSA thing that got dropped off for me to fix. They're all similar. Lets call this one an "outback golf assistant" to protect the innocent. Its shaped like an airplane. It has all the required pieces. Its lame. This one has a dozen things I would deem unflyable. Its much closer to Part 103 than Part 23. I will sort it out so that it won't hurt anyone, or burn up, or fall apart. Van's designs aren't perfect. The perfect design doesn't exist. But, the design and execution of the RV's is approaching "Intelligent Design". So, throw a rock on the pile.

And that, right there, is the very reason I chose to build my RV rather than buy another spamcan.

To me its entirely laughable what constitutes "FAA certified". Just the pitot-static system in my Comanche alone would never pass being acceptable for an install in an RV.