Ok, I know it sounds crazy, but as far as I know it has not been done. I am wondering if this is something, along with great food, if you RV guys like to sing and would love such an idea? It would be a great time. I presented this idea to the owners. Is it stupid? I think it would be fun, alot of fun! Let me know what you think.

Jim Szutowicz
"The Flying Chef"

Please respond with a yes or no.

Thanks!! :D :eek: ;)

The our EAA volunteer gang got together for a shrimp boil in the camp in the woods last year. We were all drunk and started to sing beer drinking songs. It was a hoot, but I'm not sure I could sing sober and still fly the plane. It'd have to be a camp over. Sounds like fun though. How about organizing something at SnF or EAA?

Roberta

I know what you are talking about!

If we did do it, it would have to be on a Saturday, and after the 8 hours have passed, you could fly home. Perhaps a Sunday? Fly home Monday?

Jim

Pickin' and Grinnin'

I have had a similar idea in the past. However, mine was more of a pickin' and grinnin' night. We would set up in a hangar at the flyin airport and have some various instruments around. Mostly guitars of course, but I'd like to have drums (electronic version so it is easier to control the volume) also. I think it would be fun!

Karaoke Fly-In To Be Offered Soon.

Well, It had to happen. Kimblers Landing will have Karaoke most likely on Saturday Nights. I will let everyone know more when it is clear. I also recieved a positive response about having a Bluegrass event at the restaurant in the near future. The owners really like Bluegrass, as well as me.

So, this could turn into something really special. Lets hope it does :)

Send me a private message in favor if this is something you would like and I will forward it to the owners as well as any other sugestions you all may have :D

"The Flying Chef"

Last edited:
Karaoke Night Saturdays

Well, with some discussion, we have decided that Saturday Nights would be best and we would start it at 9:00 pm till when we close. There are many places to stay very near by and affordable. Let me know your thoughts on this as we are trying hard to make this easy for the pilots as well as the general public.

The Flying Chef :D

East Coast Karaoke

Wings at KHFD has karaoke on Thursday evenings. Park in front of the restaurant, closer than handicap parking, usually 9:30 they have things going on and there are a few places nearby to stay if you decide to stay the night. Great buffalo wings and reasonable menu to boot. They just started up after a few months with new owners. A camp in could be fun too, this is just a ready made trip.