rjcthree

Well Known Member
For the life of me, I cannot find the 8 K1100-6 platenuts for the rear fuse access panels. I've gone through the fuse and finish kit lists, and they don't seem to be in the lists. Any ideas?

Rick 90432:(

platenuts

I've discovered small "shortages" along the way that somehow escaped
my inventory.

I dunno....maybe I lost the parts.

Anyway, just call Vans and maybe they'll throw some in an envelope and mail
them to you.

I think I just ordered replacements.

A good excuse to order some other "goodies" that you had planned to buy
anyway.

Daver
waiting on -9A finish kit

As I recall, those were missing from my kit too. Added them one of my three bazillion add'l Vans or Spruce orders. :(

For the life of me, I cannot find the 8 K1100-6 platenuts for the rear fuse access panels. I've gone through the fuse and finish kit lists, and they don't seem to be in the lists. Any ideas?

Rick 90432:(

Check bag 1943 eight K1100-6 are listed there.

Missing nut plates

Yup! Discovered mine are missing as well:( I need to order a bunch of other hardware so I think I will just add these to my list.

One of the things I wish I had done early on in my project is to buy a few of the multi-drawer bins from Walmart or Lowes or where ever and split up the hardware bags while inventorying them. It will be much easier throughout the project to reference the required hardward off the plans or manual and then go over to the bins (which are nicely labeled of course) and pick out what you need instead of plundering through the many bags. I have, over the period of building my wings, acquired four seperate bins for rivets, screws and nutplates, bolts/nuts/washers, etc. They are great.

Yes and no

Mike the idea of putting everything from bags into drawers sounds good when you are at your late stage of building. Or if the builder is A&P or a field engineer. At the beginning for those who are learning it is a great idea to leave some hardware (not very familiar or not used daily) in the respective bags. Lot's of bags strangely numbered, yes. But keep the lists for corresponding subkit handy and you can easily locate necessary hardware assuming the inventory is done and everything is accountable.

When we are done with the airframe and know all nuts and bolts by heart, we start thinking differently and trying to optimize.

Just a thought,

One of the things I wish I had done early on in my project is to buy a few of the multi-drawer bins from Walmart or Lowes or where ever and split up the hardware bags while inventorying them. It will be much easier throughout the project to reference the required hardward off the plans or manual and then go over to the bins (which are nicely labeled of course) and pick out what you need instead of plundering through the many bags. I have, over the period of building my wings, acquired four seperate bins for rivets, screws and nutplates, bolts/nuts/washers, etc. They are great.

Mike the idea of putting everything from bags into drawers sounds good when you are at your late stage of building. Or if the builder is A&P or a field engineer. At the beginning for those who are learning it is a great idea to leave some hardware (not very familiar or not used daily) in the respective bags. Lot's of bags strangely numbered, yes. But keep the lists for corresponding subkit handy and you can easily locate necessary hardware assuming the inventory is done and everything is accountable.

When we are done with the airframe and know all nuts and bolts by heart, we start thinking differently and trying to optimize.

Just a thought,

True statement - I remember a long evening spent on the internet researching and looking at pictures of platenuts, trying to decipher the code for them. There are certain aspects of building aircraft, and the parts used to do so, that are very poorly explained even by Van.

Do yourself a favor...

and buy this:

http://www.mechanicsupport.com/

For $39.95, you'll have all the references, pictures, sizes, manuals of everything you'll need in your build.

I often find myself spending hours discovering tons of information in this software and it helped me in the same situation as you described when I was wondering how some bolt was looking?

bag 1943?

Where would bag 1943 be? It's not in my inventory of fuse or finish kits, not on the pull check list either. ????

Rick

Rick,
The bag is on the fuselage kit list, do not remember subkit I am not in the shop now. My 9A kit is #91449 so it should be the same as yours. In that bag there are two types of platenuts - 8 number six I remember for sure.

Added: The bag is listed on page 8 of the Fuselage Packing List.

Last edited:
Rick,
The bag is on the fuselage kit list, do not remember subkit I am not in the shop now. My 9A kit is #91449 so it should be the same as yours. In that bag there are two types of platenuts - 8 number six I remember for sure.

Added: The bag is listed on page 8 of the Fuselage Packing List.

Same here, came in my fuse kit.