ccsmith51

Well Known Member
I look at the Johnson Creek web cam every day. http://www.ruralnetwork.net/~yellowpinecm/

There is what appears to be an RV-7 parked in the prime web cam spot, and it has been there for what seems like a month.

Is it an RV? Does anyone know why it has been there so long?

As I said, just being nosy, but also intrigued. I have flown and camped there for four nights and that was pretty much enough time, and can't see the draw for weeks and weeks there.....

I sure could handle hanging out there for a month :p just can't afford to do that however.

When I was there in June, there was at least one group that was staying up there for at least a solid month.

I sure could handle hanging out there for a month :p just can't afford to do that however.

When I was there in June, there was at least one group that was staying up there for at least a solid month.

Wow, a month! I retired on July 16th so have no work demands on time, so could probably do somewhere close to that. Perhaps the thought of sleeping in my tent for that long is my problem!!! :)

might have an issue and is waiting for parts. prop strike?

Last year a number of us flew to Ryan Field in MT for the RAF weekend. One of our group had a prop strike and posted on VAF and made calls and e-mail's and had a prop in short order.

This group is amazing!!!

RV7 at Johnson Creek

I have no first hand info,,, but have heard that that RV7 is waiting on a new prop. I think he was the one that made a post about the mid-air colision a while back.
The Black Rocket that was next to it had another story.

I have no first hand info,,, but have heard that that RV7 is waiting on a new prop. I think he was the one that made a post about the mid-air colision a while back.
The Black Rocket that was next to it had another story.

Was the Rocket the Stanley Screamer? It was there for quite some time, too...

Last edited:
Rocket is gone.

I was there last weekend and assisted Dale get the Stanley Screamer get the wings off and the airplane on a trailer. Hopefully it's back in California by know. He had a cylinder bolt break.

I was there last weekend and assisted Dale get the Stanley Screamer get the wings off and the airplane on a trailer. Hopefully it's back in California by know. He had a cylinder bolt break.

Sorry to hear of the Screamer's issues, but glad to hear that Dale and Denise are OK....

Stanley Screamer

I have not had the pleasure of meeting Dale. I see his Black Rocket there often. Hope he gets it flying soon.
Looking for the time to go back to Johnson Creek. And other Idaho Back Country airstrips.
Dang, Texas, Why did they put it so far from Idaho??? Or ,, why do I live here? 5 generations, that's why

Last edited:
I have not had the pleasure of meeting Dale. I see his Black Rocket there often. Hope he gets it flying soon.
Looking for the time to go back to Johnson Creek. And other Idaho Back Country airstrips.

I met them in 2011 at West Fork Lodge in MT. Extremely friendly and outgoing people, I always look forward to running across them. Good people...

Dang, Texas, Why did they put it so far from Idaho??? Or ,, why do I live here? 5 generations, that's why

Exactly what my wife and I were thinking. We live in Houston and we got down right spoiled camping at Johnson Creek. It's the cats meow for airplane camping. Thought we were landing on a golf course for a minute.