N9331v

Well Known Member
Dont know if this is going to the proper thread new to this.
I started building a RV-7 in the Hampshire, IL area this summer ( greater chicago ) . Wondering if anyone else is doing the same im my general area. I also have never flown in a RV before and was wondering if someone in my general area would not mind giving a ride sometime, not for free of course. I currently fly a Mooney and have 1300 plus hrs. I have never flown a tail wheel, hope its not hard to learn. This site is the best so much information.

Welcome To VAF!!!!1

Ed, welcome aboard the good ship VAF:D

Good to have you here, enjoy.

Welcome aboard!

Good to have you here. Thanks for paying (I delayed the first year or so and I'm still living out the bad karma)!

I'm sure there are lots of IL/IN based RVs you'll connect with.

As for the tailwheel - it is the mode of choice and no it's not hard once you get the knack of it.

Good luck and remember it's a marathon not a sprint....

Welcome to VAF! You won't be sorry about joining this fine group. First suggestion--head those few miles north and visit us at Oshkosh this next week. With a little luck, you will be able to get that ride with the true experts in one of Van's own planes. I hope you are a mamber of EAA; if not this would be a good time to join. Good luck on your build and just keep pounding those rivets!

Bob Kelly

Welcome aboard! I'm just down I-55 from ya in Bloomington/Normal, IL...just finished the airplane, getting ready to start Phase I, i.e. first flight VERY soon!!

If you're ever down my way for lunch or dinner at CJ's, shoot me an email or PM, or give me a call, 309 532 4347 I work at the FBO (Image Air) at KBMI as well...:cool:

Welcome

I am based at Morris IL, C09, straight down 47 or a quick hop in the Mooney. I'd be glad to take you up for a ride some time. I built my 7 with the little wheel up front and 2 years ago switched it to a taildrager, so I can give you my views on both. I'll be at OSH from Saturday afternoon till Tuesday evening, feel free to give me a call if you are going to be there.
815-210-5840

Would of thanked everyone for the input sooner but OSh and work can get in the way.

Unpossible - I wouldnt mind checking your 7 out one day are you at an airport yet?

Cjensen - I sometimes fly into BMI I will look you up.

Pdecraene7A - I wouldnt mind checking your RV out and I sure would like to get your input on the the pros and cons of both nose and tail wheel. its a quick jump for me to get to Morris only a 10 min flight or so from DKB

Thanks again / Ed

Flyin

I may be up at DKB tomorrow afternoon but will be there for work. I am planing on going to a fly-in at Grandpa's Farm (0C7) on Sunday. Grass field so I don't know if you would want to take a Mooney in there, but I would be back at Morris around 10:00. I could hang around if I knew you were coming down.

C09

Thanks very much for the offer but I have to leave for SAV 4:30 am tomorrow ( Thurs ) for business, I will not be back untill Sunday afternoon. I will be around Tues or the following weekend if that works for you.
Also you are correct I once took my Mooney into a short soft farm field and swore I would never do that again.
Would you mind PM me a contact phone number

Again thanks for taking the time.

Ed