Polar

Hi folks,

After years of planning on building a 7, I went for a test flight in a 14 a couple months ago and immediately changed my mind on the 7. I ordered a kit and the empennage arrived last week.

I swear I've read through every 14-specific build log I could come across, thank you to everyone who has put so much extra time into meticulously documenting their builds.

There is no official requirement in Canada for a build log, so while I'm trying to diligently document my build 'internally', I've decided not to publish a detailed blog. I am though, going to share the progress via Instagram. If anyone is interested, you can follow me here: www.instagram.com/vansrv14/

Cody

Hey, congrats on pulling the trigger! I've been "just getting started" for the past few years. lol... But now, hopefully, I'm getting my momentum going. Definitely a good idea to keep good notes of what you do for future reference. Take lots of pictures too. I haven't updated my website in a long time as the priority was to just get back to building but I'd like to get that going again too.

Cheers! :)

Have fun with the project Cody. :)

I'm "documenting" my build on a Facebook page (RV-8), I just take frequent pics and they get stored on my Seagate Central drive in the house, then I share a sample of them on FB for family and friends.

I get the feeling that the FAA doesn't care much about how many hours it took you to drive each rivet, but it might be a good idea to get a photo or two of yourself doing some work.

but it might be a good idea to get a photo or two of yourself doing some work.

Some would argue that a photo of sasquatch might be less rare!

It sounds like the FAA is fussier than TCCA about proof that the builder actually did the work. However, I believe we're subject to more inspections.