Bullseye

Well Known Member
20110422-005-large.jpg

It's on the TOP of the right leading edge. (sigh)

There's not much else to say:
  • I was being really careful about holding the dies together after the male die goes in the hole. For some reason this one just slipped right as I hit the c-frame.
  • It was about the 151st of 160 dimples I did.
  • Of course, I did the bottom side of the leading edge first, like I always do (in case I make a mistake, it'll be hidden).
  • An oops rivet doesn't perfectly fill it, so I sanded it smooth and I'm just going to build on.
  • My first thought was, "Oh well, at least the guys on VAF will welcome me with open arms to the club."

I think my paint/polish scheme will be okay (this one will be under paint, and filler!)

Last edited:
Hey Andrew!

Welcome to the club, even if a bit late. I joined early on with a double dimple in a rib in the VS. Glad to see you're back to building--have missed your blog.

Skyking902001
RV-8 in process

The Club

Hmm, beginning to think there may be a secret club that I was not aware of??? Wonder how many members are in the secret club vs the "open to everyone" club.

Skyking902001
RV-8 QB

I joined the club early on the VS with a C-frame. I then I made an appropriate sacrifice ($) to the tool gods and got a DRDT-2.

You're welcome to come try mine out if you like.

Yeah, but that's one of those "$30,000 ride" deals. I know that if I try it, I'll have to have one.

Hmm. I'll start watching the classifieds (and I might take you up on that visit).