pierre smith

Well Known Member
The new General Aviation news magazine has an absolutely awesome picture of the underneath artwork on John's personal RV-8-American Angel,...incredible work.

If any of you guys know how to get hold of him, ask if he'd mind me scanning and placing it on VAF.

Thanks,

I grabbed a screen shot...

It's not very detailed, but gives the idea... Beautiful!

104lpci.jpg

Pierre,
A very similar picture is on the back of the 2013 Van's calendar.

Yup - we just got home from our Christmas trip and had a package of calendars waiting - I was not surprised that John's "Angel" was there!

I got a chance to chat to chat with John for quite awhile at OSH this year - an amazing artist and a genuinely friendly guy.

Angel Feedback

Thanks for all the great compliments and feedback! It's an honor to be a part of any aviation publication. Meg from GA News wanted to save this shot for the Christmas edition, with the angels. Setting up and flying the photo shoot was as much fun as doing the artwork. Thanks for scanning in the picture - I've been meaning to post some pictures in the nose art section. After finishing up Steve McGirr's sleek 'Silver Bullet' RV-7 I've been deep in the creative process with Ken Talovich's 'Pride and Joy' RV-8. Looking forward to setting up some air to air photo shoot time with both of these awesome builders.