RudiGreyling

Well Known Member
Hi Guys,

While everyone in the USA was drooling over at OSH the past 2 weeks the rest of us in the world set to our ordinary lives. Mine this past 2 weeks had just been excellent!

First:
The arrival of a new Chick in the Nest. My first born daughter "Anri" arrived and what a beauty. I took 2 weeks paternity leave to help the wife with her, but she is so sweet and sleep so much that I managed to get some RV building done...
anri_rudi.jpg

Second:
I manage to put the final touches and complete my Flaps and Ailerons on my own in past 2 weeks! When I was over in the USA in the beginning of the year I did the Empennage under instruction at Alexander Tech. Arriving back in South Africa I decided to tackle the Flaps and Ailerons first before going onto the more complicated wings, cuase we have little RV build support here. The South African inspector arrived at my place for the first time...took a long time to inspected all the rivets and construction....and I passed without one rivet failed!
ailerons__flaps_1.jpg

ailerons__flaps_2.jpg

Life is GOOD!!:D
Now onto to those wings...

Kind Regards
Rudi

Last edited:
Congratulations

Baie goed, ou maat! (Very good, friend). I have a cousin in Nelspruit, Rudy. His name is Christo Smith. Congratulations and if you keep up that good quality work, you'll have a first class airplane,
Totsiens (goodbye),
Pierre Smith

Great looking work

Rudi: Anri is a little doll. Congratulations! Excellant job on the flaps and ailerons, also.

Congratulations on your beautiful new daughter and your excellent work on your plane. Looks like you should consider a polished AL finish instead of paint! Oshkosh was Great this year.

Roberta