jamescone

Well Known Member
I finally got the replacement parts for the forward fuselage and was able to put them together. Here is the link to the latest pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/JimCone1941/RV12Construction111308#

In the pictures is a description about an easy way to install those pesky nutplates when you can't get a hand in the area to position them.

On another note, I will pick up my empennage kit on the 17th and will start on that.

Jim Cone

Jim,

Two questions:

1. Did you use the "Van's Firewall Sealant" that you can only get in person or is there a substitute avail...hate to substitute on an ELSA.

2. Did you paint the legs? Will they rust?

Thanks

Pete

On another note, I will pick up my empennage kit on the 17th and will start on that.

Jim... It is a great help for us newbies to see your experience applied to the RV12! I am having great fun skinning my wings as all the work is starting to produce something that looks like it could actually fly :) My goal is to start on the empennage next, but not until you have started on your empennage. So that makes me a "coat tailer."

Jeff

Van's Art Work

Can't help but think that your rendition of the RV-12 kit looks beautiful - like some kind of art. Can' wait to begin my own next year. Thanks again, Jim for the photos and pioneering work. Van's created a truly 'beautiful' machine.:D