erich weaver

Well Known Member
Patron
Several years back there was a known issue with prop surging associated with some of the Jihostroj governors. I experienced the surging occasionally, but only at full power at 2700 RPM. I contacted someone a long time ago about the issue who assured me that while the problem could be readily corrected if I sent in the unit for repair, it was not really a safety issue and there was no harm in continuing flight. So, up til now, I have elected to deal with it by simply dialing it back to 2680 or so shortly after takeoff, where it seems rock steady. However, I have now grown weary of concerned looks and comments from people after hearing some surging, and I would like to send the unit in for service. Cant seem to remember the facility that handles Jihostroj maintenance however - maybe some place in Florida? I have an email into Jihostroj but havent heard back from them yet. Can someone help me out?

thanks
erich

Ameritech (American Propeller) in Redding CA went through our slightly used Jihostro for us before we installed it - they know how to do it.