airguy

Unrepentant fanboy
Sponsor
I'm looking at the WW200RV prop/hub rebuild coming up on my next annual (already past due with 730 hours on it) and I'm wondering about the Jihostroj governor that shipped with it - do they need a going through as well on that same schedule, or just rebuild on condition? Right now the governor is behaving itself perfectly.

A few years back, there were some problems with a serial number or builder-date range of governors that shed parts through the side of their case - I’d make sure you don’t have one of those!

Othe than that, I can tell you that prop shops can be really picky when they look at props and governors, and if things aren’t perfect, they will want to make them perfect - so it can be pricey. I have run at least one Jihostroj to almost 2,000 hours and it’s working great as well - sort of hate to mess with it....

Paul

That said....we took the governor off the RV-6 where it has been for (best we can tell) 25+ years and 2400 hours (its a Hartzell governor), working fine - and the prop shop declared it junk - all moving parts had enough wear it was toast, not economical to repair. So if you let it go too long......

Replacing it on the freshly overhauled motor with a PCU5000 from the group buy - thanks DR!