airguy

Unrepentant fanboy
Sponsor
For you guys with WW200RV props and the recommended Jihostroj governor - what did you use for the prop cable bracket? I have the standard Van's cable bracket that was intended for use with the standard governor manufacturers, but it appears to be a bad fit for the Jihostroj?

File to fit. The Jihostroj and PCU5000 are one in the same, and I use them for controlling Hartzells. I've done it on a couple of installations. You'll have to open the large radius arc that fits around the governor and slot a couple of the screw mounting holes. Not much metal to remove.

John Siebold

OK,

So now the VA153 fits, any suggestions on how to get the bolt through without removing the control arm ?

The bracket on my 7 was completely different and mounted on the base studs.

OK guys - I gotta call BS on using the Vans standard prop governor cable bracket on the Jihostroj governor with the "just file to fit" advice.

I filed the ID of the curve to fit the governor just fine - that was no issue - but the holes in the bracket don't match up with the studs on the governor. This bracket WILL NOT fit on this governor without moving the holes in the bracket, which is problematic in a piece of steel. You can see here I've got the lowest hole on the stud, the middle hole you can see about half the stud, and the top hole the stud is completely out of sight.

Anybody care to let me in on the joke?

1000211y.jpg

I seen this on a new PCU5000 going on an IO-360 in a pitts special

IMG_0011_zps6f9bd9f6.jpg

IMG_0010_zpsd1843723.jpg

it came pre installed on the governor

OK guys - I gotta call BS

Yow!. I'm sorry Greg, yours really is a lot different then mine and maybe the other gents that said file to fit. I had to work the holes a little, but it really was not too bad. You have a bigger challenge ahead.

Here's mine. You can see the vestiges of the slots in the end holes.

10645554664d325bd4190bd.jpg

Alternative orientation

Governor.jpg"

The engine is still on a stand - therefore the control cable won't go through the hole in the mount but the line up is fine - checked with dowels.

File to fit includes elongating the holes. I just modified one three days ago. You must disassemble the fasteners to feed thru the bracket, that's the case for all cable brackets. The old style bracket retained by the studs is a more difficult clearance with the oil nipple and hose that must pass by.

John Siebold

My governor is a Jihostroj P-920-028/A and has studs instead of screws holding it together, with nuts on the studs where others show the screw heads to be. I'm guessing there is something different about this setup because the stud holes don't line up with prepunched holes, it's like the diameter of my governor is smaller than the diameter of the bracket.

Email sent to Whirlwind, we'll see what they say.

Last edited:
Greg,

I have prop governor pn: P-920-028. I do not know if its an "/A". Either way the below is what fits my governor on the studs.

The brackets are $33. Let me know how it works out for you.

Update - after discussion with Jeremy Sutch at Whirlwind Aviation (who was VERY helpful - kudos to those guys!), there is indeed a difference, he sent me all the drawings so I could fabricate my own bracket, but I asked him to ship me one of his premade brackets. The price is indeed $33, but the part number is actually WWA-007. It mounts on the engine accessory case studs rather than the governor studs.

I was most impressed with Jeremy - his initial response to my first contact was to send me the drawings he had reverse-engineered back in 2011 after Vans changed their bracket design, so that I could fabricate my own bracket. No attempt whatsoever at pushing me to buy their in-house prefabbed bracket, in fact he didn't even mention it. I had to ask him if he carried them premade, and then he said yes so I told him to ship me one. I know the dollar value is low, but he went to the trouble of drawing up the part and fabbing it, I'll reward him with a little profit - especially since he wasn't asking or pushing for it.

Last edited: