pilot28906

Well Known Member
I think I will use the Jetflex WR paint for the interior. I would like to use gray and I see a lot of folks use satin paint. What is the Jetflex number that you have used for gray satin?

Thanks,

There are four different shades of gray, so you really need to get a color chip card from a JetFlex dealer. Alliance Coatings in El Cajon, CA is great.

I've been using Sherwin-Williams JETFlex Water Reducible Semigl Paint Basic Gray BAC704, in quart sizes. Yes, there are 4 different greys, though the paint chip card is quite accurate. I get mine thru Skygeek.

Some misnomers, though. "Dark grey BAC7075" is actually quite light, while "Fog Grey BAC7074" is pretty dark, a slightly warmer version of BAC704. Also, I'd advise getting a gallon or multiple quarts and mixing them .. I'm into two quarts now and the tinting is not exactly the same between the two orders (so real surprise there). I think I'll need smidge over two quarts to do the cockpit. I'm painting before assembly; you'll need less if you paint after. The paint is nice, but thick, and you lose more than your average amount inside the hopper of the gun. 1.8mm tip works well for me.

I used the JetFlex "Grey/Beige". I like the color, and it is basically a match for the interior of my wife's car, which I like. If I had it to do over, I would go for a much darker look. I get a lot of reflective light from the interior whenever I take pictures. The lighter color probably keeps the interior a bit cooler, but it can still scald you getting in after sitting out in the hot sun.

Color Matching

Alliance Coatings will do a good job color matching the WR Jetflex.

Go to any paint store and find the gray that you like and matches your upholstery and send the chip to Alliance.

If you are "male color deficient" like most of us :) Pick a car interior you like, have your seats made with the auto fabric and match the interior paint color with chips as described above - or just send your wife/mistress/significant other to pick a paint chip.

Also note that a gallon is usually the cost of three quarts, so if you need two quarts think of springing for the extra and having lots left over for a future touch-up or modifications.

Last edited:
Satin

When I ordered mine (Jet Flex SB) I was told all interior colors are satin except Black. Black is flat. I asked for some flattening agent (powder) in case I wanted it flatter. Satin grey is good for me. I like the black too and plan to use it for the panel and maybe a few accents. I am painti g parts before assembly. I like the lool of the rivets unpainted.

Thanks for the info guys. I will work on getting some chips. I should have painted before assembly but too late. I am sure the rivets look nice.

Thanks for the info guys. I will work on getting some chips. I should have painted before assembly but too late. I am sure the rivets look nice.

I just requested some chips via the Sherwin Williams website ... + 2 weeks, there they were in my mailbox!

SB

Wirejock, what is Jetflex SB? Is this satin? Do you have a number?

Thanks

Jetflex SB is Solvent Based. I like it better because I thin it down and it goes on smooth.
The Basic Grey is BAC704.
The Flat Black is BAC 706.

Note: The Black BAC7923 is Satin but has some blue tint. It's not black. I use it for practice. O likey. All interior SB colors are "satin" unless ordered flat except for Flat Black. It is flat and black. You can buy the flattening agent as well.