RV8Squaz

Well Known Member
You know those hotel key cards that you realize you forgot to return upon checking out of the hotel and you later found it in your pocket or wallet miles from the hotel... well they make excellent fiberglass resin spreaders to saturate the cloth. You can even clean them with acetone without melting the plastic!

Jerry
N84JE RV-8

Yep

I discovered them also, they're one of the few benefits of travelling for work.

When I was doing a lot of glass work, I went through my entire stash. When that happened, I started asking the the front desk clerks for a few extras. One clerk gave me about 20 - it made the trip worth it:)

Hey Jerry!
I keep an old credit card in my toolbox for spreading epoxy resin AND bondo. Comes in very handy while refurbishing abused wheel pants. :eek: (something I seem to be doing about once a year)

Those hotel key cards are also great as a pallet to mix up small batches of JB Weld, Epoxy Adhesive, etc.....

Not that I've ever needed to use JB Weld to fix anything....;)

Yep

The source is endless. Expired EAA, AOPA, credit cards, health cards etc.. you get the drift. Also, those many credit card offers you get in the mail.

About every other month I get a packet of advertising card in the mail that are like post cards. Perfect for mixing small amounts of epoxy.