Phlyan Pan

Well Known Member
I apologize if this is a stupid question but I did use the search and didn't seem to find anything about Jerry Scott. He's mentioned on Van's site as having built a slow build in 85 days. Has he ever published anything or confided in anyone as to how he managed it? I'm curious if he has any methods or special fixtures or other types of tips that helped him speed up the process.

Hi Travis....

If memory serves, he was/is a multi-time RV builder and took a leave of absence, worked 10-12 hour days with at least one assistant, also an experienced builder to accomplish that job.

Best,

I flew RC model airplanes with Jerry in the 70's. Back the he was building a KR2. After building his own RV6 in the early 90s he started helping others and that morphed into a building service. Jerry made his own jigs for drilling all the skins so he could make up a pre drilled kit long before Van's did their pre punch. He had a build service at Chino and usually had four or five airplanes going at once. He then changed to building Harmon Rockets a few years ago. I haven't talked to him in a couple years but he was still in buisiness then. Don