g zero

Well Known Member
went to sun n fun on wed ,had a great time ,great flying weather.I dropped my gps memory card ( lowrance 2000c) off at the jeppesen booth for my updates( $40) upon departure found out,no updates, no aviation info ",no nothin" I emailed jeppesen wed pm and still waiting for a reply .

jeppesen

they got back with me ,can only refund my $40 with proof of purchase,they cannot download info to my card.I have to purchase new update from LEI .

Lesson learned,Test GPS download before I fly or pay Jeppesen !!!!

GPS updates

I got excited last year at Oshkosh about updating my everything on the G-396. But about half way to the booths I started thinking sensibly and cautiously and by the time I got there I just smiled and passed by with my unit in my pocket. Got home to CA via Memphis and Seattle just fine with the software I had. Loaded all the new stuff at home and HAD PROBLEMS! Duh....
A rare good move on my part......... :rolleyes:
Sad they should be so unreliable. It's not like they are a bargain product to begin with and then the software updates seem to have their own problems that they refuse to acknowledge. But then Garmin stock went in the toilet long before the rest of the market and I'll not be buying back in any time soon.
I'd be curious to hear/know how many folks update their Jepp data as frequently as it is available? $40 is nothing to sneeze at and every few weeks is pretty expensive. I know there will be many that say this is peanuts, but I disagree. This is real money and not a bargain. I probably update mine twice a year and am not comfortable with that. I expect those more knowledgeable on FAR's will confirm my suspicion that it is also not legal? Why doesn't it cost the same as a new Jepp Chart? It's cheaper to produce..........

King Database Updates...

Are so outragous I've even considered selling the unit to replace with a 696. I have the KMD150 which is a great unit but a single Jepp update with the SnF special was $250 :eek: I passed and will just keep my 496 updated for now.

a deal you cannot refuse

Hi "Zero".

After having my Lowrance 2000c repaired, I ended up with an extra memory card.

Send me your address and I'll mail it to you. If you're satisfied, you can send me $10. If you're NOT satisfied, you can keep it for free.

Remember that the database on mine has my Lowrance serial number in it so you cannot read the Jeppersen data. However, you should be able to update it and then it should work with your unit.

Barry @ arizonaairparks.com

Tucson

2000c

rv owners and builders,along with most people in aviation all seam to go out of their way to help,glad I'm one of them. PM sent to Mr.Nomad (Barry)

jeppesen update

spent over 2 hours with my computer friend and still no luck ( unlock wizard sucks ) He is going to try again tommorow and get some help from Lowrance.
when and if this gets fixed I'll be flying with that data until I loose my medical !!!!!!! ( and I'm only 47 )

49clipper

I have been trying to download an update for my 2000C with no luck. The jeppesen page just says it has a technical problem and check back later. anyone else having this problem with getting a new data base for your 2000C?