RV8iator

Well Known Member
Benefactor
I received my yoke from the folks at JDAir in a timely manner. The yoke was powdercoated white and workmanship looked great.

I ordered the steering arm to go with my link and just the yoke to go with my Bell fork. The bearings are a bit different if you don't use the JDAir fork.

Mine was pretty much a bolt on. My Bell fork was worn a little bit where the locking pin comes thru so I had to polish it a bit to get a smooth rotating fit.

The predrilled holes lined up perfectly with my spring so that installation was thread and torque. Couldn't have been easier.

Applied a little grease and slid the fork in and tightened the locking nut on the top of the yoke. Care was taken here to not get too tight and lock the fork in the yoke. It can be done on mine.

The tail wheel yoke bearings allowed very smooth steering and I could tell a difference between it and my old yoke. I use smoke a LOT and it washed the grease out of my yoke resulting in me having to take the fork out and re-greas it about every month to keep my steering smooth. I'm hoping this sealed bearing unit will fix that.

Report to follow on that.

For now, I'm very pleased with my new JDAir tailwheel yoke.

It looks nice too.

ps.. I'm not in any way related to JDAir, just giving my impression of a product I purchased from them.

8546357258_b750b133e4_b.jpg

JD steering link

Ordered the steering link from JD and got it in 2 days. Good service. My hanger mates link has workded well in some rough terrain, sure mine will too. Loved the video of the link working on some rough stuff and the milling process.

Thanks from JDAir

Jerry,

Thanks for the kind words. We strive to ship no later than the next business day and the same day as order whenever possible.

I've been flying the new yoke for couple of months now and noticed much smoother steering. The yoke combined with the steering link and you can't go wrong.

Thanks again.