Flybipe

Well Known Member
For those of you that have one, I'm trying to figure out if the JD Air tail link is easily "disassembled" so I can make custom linkage to fit my application (Pitts S-1-11, Aviation Products 4" double fork tailwheel, tapered rod spring).

I have flown an RV with the JD Air unit, and want one on my Pitts. Assuming I can't order a custom unit (without bend in fwd pushrod), I'm hoping to buy one and modify it but looking for info first before I order...

Thanks!

Last edited:
We can make it

For those of you that have one, I'm trying to figure out if the JD Air tail link is easily "disassembled" so I can make custom linkage to fit my application (Pitts S-1-11, Aviation Products 4" double fork tailwheel, tapered rod spring).

I have flown an RV with the JD Air unit, and want one on my Pitts. Assuming I can't order a custom unit (without bend in fwd pushrod), I'm hoping to buy one and modify it but looking for info first before I order...

Thanks!

Give Jason a call on Wednesday. He can make the rods to your specs. We've made many custom units over the years.